The Aspen Daily News Gonzo Edition, dedicated to the late Hunter S. Thompson, is now available online.
- Hunter’s wife Anita is the guest editor.
- Curtis Robinson recalls Hunter’s words on objective journalism:
“So much for Objective Journalism. Don’t bother to look for it here — not under my byline or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms.”Advertisement
- Hunter’s son Juan writes about his legacy.
- Matthew Mosely writes Send Lawyers, Guns and Money.
- Tim Mooney writes The Doctor is In.
There’s lots more, including cover art by Ralph Steadman. Go on over and check it out.