To call the Great American Beer Festival a big deal would be an understatement. When this year’s festival comes to an end, it will once again claim the crown of serving the largest selection of American beers ever. Not impressed? Here, some GABF numbers to boast to your friends about…over beers, of course.
This year’s GABF competition is going to be the toughest yet, with…
- 84 different categories of beers, covering
- 135 styles, scored by a total of
- 185 judges (from nine different countries), who will taste beers from
- 676 breweries representing
- 48 states, as well as Guam and Washington, D.C.
The real action, though will be in the festival hall, which only took…
- 45 minutes to sell out during its public ticket sales. No surprise seeing as there’ll be
- 110 more breweries than last year, for a total of
- 580 breweries in the festival hall, showcasing
- 2,700 different beers, that will likely top last year’s more than
- 36,000 gallons of beer served to
- 49,000 attendees, who will contribute to the
- $2,800,000 economic impact that GABF has on Denver.
- 265,000 pounds is the estimated amount of ice it will take to keep the more than
- 384,000 bottles worth of beer inside the Convention Center ice cold.