10 (Mostly) Free Things To Do: October Edition
1. Imbibe: Tour the Coors Brewery
- Why you should go: Nabbing tickets to the Great American Beer Fest is difficult (and expensive). Taste the granddaddy of Colorado brews for free on this tour.
- Details: Your pick, Golden
2. Take: Pick your own fruit with FallingFruit.org
- Why you should go: This website shows you where you can find—and pick—edibles on public property, like apples, grapes, and pears for your autumn pies and jams. Read more here.
- Details: Your pick, Colorado
3. Watch: See The Mummy
4. Get Outside: Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act—in the woods
5. Read: Join the Food Lover’s Book Club
6. Pick: Take the kids to the Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Four Mile Historic Park
7. Look: Browse artist Jerry Jaramillo’s work at CHAC gallery
- Why you should go: Jaramillo is a master at using multiple materials—and making it look effortless.
- Details: October 2-31, CHAC Gallery
8. Learn: Stop by for Free Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
9. Run: Join the Highland Tap Run Club
10. Move: Take a Denver Story Trek
- Why you should go: Anyone who loves a bit of history will go bonkers for these free audio tours of the Mile High City’s memorable spots. (Don’t miss the “Women of the West” tour.)
- Details: Your pick, Denver
Follow senior editor Natasha Gardner on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.