1. WORK IT: CLIMB THE STEPS AT RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE
- Why you should go: If you are still keeping up with your New Year’s resolutions, head to Red Rocks for a workout on the venue’s stairs—and to practice your air guitar routine.
- Details: Your choice, Red Rocks Amphitheatre
2. STROLL: WANDER AROUND RINO ART DISTRICT’S FIRST FRIDAY FESTIVITIES
- Why you should go: Where to start? It doesn’t matter. Just pick a gallery and get touring.
- Details: February 6, RiNo Art District
3. LISTEN: TAKE YOUR LITTLE ONE TO BLACK HISTORY MONTH STORYTIME
- Why you should go: During Black History Month, make sure your tots learn more about what we’re remembering and celebrating.
- Details: February 7, 10:30 a.m., Highlands Ranch Tattered Cover
4. IMBIBE: TOUR GREAT DIVIDE’S BREWING COMPANY OPERATIONS
- Why you should go: The tour is free, but don’t blame us if you stay for a few pints (which aren’t free). Bonus: Find other great watering holes in Denver here.
- Details: Your choice, Great Divide Brewing Company
5. WATCH: ATTEND SIE FILMCENTER’S BETTER CALL SAUL VIEWING PARTY
- Why you should go: Breaking Bad fans unite; don’t watch this spin-off show at home.
- Details: February 8, 9, 16, and 23, Sie FilmCenter
6. TOUR: SPOT LIONS, TIGERS, AND BEARS (OH MY!) DURING DENVER ZOO’S FREE DAYS
- Why you should go: While there is always a chance for snow in February, there is also a chance for a 70-degree bluebird day. Take advantage of the weather, if it’s warm, to get the family outside.
- Details: February 6, 7, and 19, Denver Zoo.
7. CELEBRATE: ATTEND BRECKENRIDGE’S MARDI GRAS FESTIVAL
- Why you should go: Can’t make it to New Orleans this year? Put on some green, purple, and gold and head west to Breckenridge instead.
- Details: February 17, 2–5 p.m., Breckenridge
8. TAKE A HIKE: RUN, WALK, OR BIKE IN WATERTON CANYON
- Why you should go: This trek is perfect for February, if the weather keeps you close to home.
- Details: Your choice, Waterton Canyon
9. TIME TRAVEL: FIND YOUR FAVORITE VINTAGE ROCK POSTER AT THE BYERS-EVANS HOUSE GALLERY’S “THE FAMILY DOG DENVER: ROCK POSTERS AND MUSIC IN DENVER 1967–68”
- Why you should go: This collection of psychedelic art rock posters from Denver concerts in 1967 and 1968 is trippy—in the best of ways.
- Details: February 6, 5–9 p.m., Byers-Evans House Gallery
10. TAKE A SEAT: SPEND DATE NIGHT (OR VALENTINE’S DAY) AT UNION STATION
- Why you should go: While dining at Union Station will cost you, it is absolutely free to sit in the Great Hall’s comfy chairs or sofas and spend some quality time catching up with that special someone.
- Details: Your choice, Denver
Looking for more things to do in Denver? Check out our events calendar.