All Star Party Posse, The End
- Stars come in very different forms, and some are total assholes. Others are super nice, normal, cool people. This shouldn't be a breakthrough observation, but call me slow. I've only recently figured this out through experience.
- The NBA All Star markup at the bars was about 100 percent. $15 cocktails were the norm. I can't afford to live in NYC or LA, where this really is the norm.
- Denver does not have a nightlife scene after 3 a.m. You simply cannot make something out of nothing. Aside from a few private parties, us Denverites roll up our streets and call it good. I don't mind this, quite frankly. Staying out every night until 4 and 5 a.m. is not just hard on the body, it's dumb. Another late-coming realization.
- Basketball and hip hop are cool. I have a lot to learn about both, but my crash-course over the weekend was an eye (and ear) opener. The Slam Dunk contest? Really cool.
- The All Star Weekend mix tape, heard at every freakin' club all weekend long, includes the following songs: Snoop Dog, "Drop it Like it's Hot;" J-Kwon, "Everbody in the Club Gettin Tipsy;" and Usher, "Freak a Leak." If I never hear these songs again, I'll be a happy gal.
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.