- Stars come in very different forms, and some are total assholes. Others are super nice, normal, cool people. This shouldn't be a breakthrough observation, but call me slow. I've only recently figured this out through experience.
- The NBA All Star markup at the bars was about 100 percent. $15 cocktails were the norm. I can't afford to live in NYC or LA, where this really is the norm.
- Denver does not have a nightlife scene after 3 a.m. You simply cannot make something out of nothing. Aside from a few private parties, us Denverites roll up our streets and call it good. I don't mind this, quite frankly. Staying out every night until 4 and 5 a.m. is not just hard on the body, it's dumb. Another late-coming realization.
- Basketball and hip hop are cool. I have a lot to learn about both, but my crash-course over the weekend was an eye (and ear) opener. The Slam Dunk contest? Really cool.
- The All Star Weekend mix tape, heard at every freakin' club all weekend long, includes the following songs: Snoop Dog, "Drop it Like it's Hot;" J-Kwon, "Everbody in the Club Gettin Tipsy;" and Usher, "Freak a Leak." If I never hear these songs again, I'll be a happy gal.
Colorado coal mining sits at a crossroads.
The Mile High Holidays: A Local Gift Guide
Meet the principal of Columbine High School.
Everything you need to know about Colorado's grand experiment with legalized recreational...
Colorado has pumped nearly $25 million into mental health crisis care since the Aurora theater...