The highlights for the week in Denver tunes:
- Reba McEntire and Brad Paisley June 3: You can barely turn on the tube without seeing reruns of her WB sitcom "Reba," but let's face it, her acting skills pale in comparison to that voice. A longtime singer/songwriter, McEntire's 28-year career has solidified her as one of country music's most successful artists. Her newest album, Room to Breathe, was released in 2003. She's joined by Brad Paisley, who's contemporary-country sound has been a hit. His Mud on the Tires album debuted at No. 1 on the charts in 2003. Friday 7 p.m. Pepsi Center, 1000 Chopper Place. $40-$70. For tickets, call 303-830-TIXS.
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters June 4: Home-grown and highly entertaining, the boys of Boulder make a summer appearance at Red Rocks. The band released two albums in 2004Live at the Fillmore and Crimes of Passion. Colorado's Love .45 opens. Saturday 7:30 p.m. Red Rocks Amphitheatre. $40-$45. To buy tickets, call 303-830-TIXS.
- Kenny Chesney June 8: Born in Knoxville, Tenn., Kenny Chesney has become a country music superstarnot to mention husband to Renée Zellwegerwith hits "I Lost It," "How Forever Feels," "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy," and "The Good Stuff." His latest album, Be as You Are: Songs From An Old Blue Chair, was recently released and reached the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart. Wednesday 7:30 p.m. Pepsi Center, 1000 Chopper Place. Ticket prices vary. For tickets, call 303-830-TIXS.
Denver boasts a wealth of stellar farmers markets, and for many, this is opening week. Check out the bounty at the following spots:
- Franklin Street Market at Kaiser Permanente June 2-Sept. 29: Thursdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m. 2045 Franklin St.
- Stapleton Farmers Market June 5-Sept. 25: Sundays 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 29th and Quebec streets in the parking lot just north of the Town Center.
- City Park Esplanade Fresh Market June 5-Oct. 30: Sundays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Located on the Esplanade between 17th and Colfax avenues.
- Cherry Creek Fresh Market Wednesdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. from June 1-Sept. 28; Saturdays from 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. from June 4-Nov. 5.
- Old South Pearl St. Farmer's Market June 5 through the month of October; Sundays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on the 1500 block of South Pearl Street.
Teva Mountain Games June 1-5
Kick off the summer in extreme fashion with Vail's Teva Mountain Games, an outdoor-sports extravaganza featuring competitions in adventure racing, kayaking, rafting, and climbing. Be sure to check out the East versus West kayak competition, which pits athletes from either side of the Continental Divide against each other. Events start between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. each morning. Vail Village. Free. For more information or for event schedules, visit www.tevamountaingames.com.