Colorado Pitches In for Katrina Victims
Coloradans have shown their generous spirit for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Here are just a few examples:
- 450 Colorado National Guard members have been deployed to the Gulf Coast and another 250 are on standby.
- The City of Denver, Chuck Morris Presents, Aramark Corp., Conscious Alliance and the Dave Matthews Band are all donators for a Sept. 12th Red Rocks Concert. Kat Valentine posted more about the concert and other generous business donations here.
- 60 state and federal emergency responders from Colorado are headed toward the Gulf Coast.
- The local Red Cross has been swamped with offers of assistance.
- Crocs Inc. of Boulder sent 5,000 pairs of Crocs shoes Wednesday to hurricane victims. The Brother's Brother Foundation will distribute the shoes on behalf of Crocs.
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.