- His lifelong roots in the community
- His more extensive experience as a legislator, including being Senator Pro Tem of the Senate
- His proven leadership skills, including as co-chair of Colorado's John Kerry campaign
- He's a proven winner with broad support across the political spectrum.
I'm a centrist, an independent thinker. I have no agenda. I like people. I want to make their lives better. But when there needs to be a fight, I'm a fighter. I'm a litigator. Fighting is about power, about having the majority to put values, philosophies and policies into place.As an example, he talked about the time he ran down the Senate clock on House Bill 1262 that was hostile to workers' rights by insisting the bill be read in its entirety. On gay and lesbian rights, he pointed out his support for hate crimes legislation and bills to extend domestic partnership rights.
There is not a bigoted bone in my body.Ed was riled by what he said are attempts by others to label him as some kind of fundamentalist. He is half-Jewish and half-Christian, but considers himself a Christian, although not the born-again kind.
My faith is personal, it is not political. No one believes more strongly in the separation of church and state than I do.If he's elected, what will his his top priorities be?
- To elect a Democratic speaker of the House
- To have a responsive office for all constituents
- To cut red tape
- Renewable energy: For national security, we must be energy independent. For the environment, we must reduce carbon emissions. We need to create jobs, locally and nationally.
- Balance the Budget: There must be no permanent tax cuts. We have to prioritize and focus on the issues that are most important. Stem cell research is one.
- Health care: He supports the McCain/Salazar bill. He wants to be part of a commission to study the whole health care system. We need to keep pharmaceutical costs down by using our federal buying power. We need more accountability in billing.
- We need added border security
- We need to enforce the laws we have and stiffen penalties against employers
- For the undocumented workers who are here, they should be able to earn citizenship by paying taxes, learning English, and remaining law-abiding.
At the end of the day, the guiding light on anything a legislator does is the Constitution.
Meet the man who took charge of the Colorado DOC in the wake of his predecessor’s murder....
The 33 things every Coloradan should know how to do.
This season’s nine top looks for men and women exude a casual but polished elegance...
Behold, the 10 very best restaurants to hit the Mile High City in the past year.
Elegant taste, feminine colors, and just a touch of sparkle: How a city girl got her dream home...