Posted: February 12, 2008 11:58 PM
Table Talk for February 12
- Telluride Truffle Made in Telluride, these delicious triangular sweets are crafted from Belgian chocolate and organic Colorado cream. The shape evokes the Rocky Mountains and each truffle's flavor is inspired by the slopesBunny Hill, Powder Day, Blizzardour favorite to date is Mud Season, a blend of milk chocolate and hazelnut. www.telluridetruffle.com; available at The Truffle, 2906 E. Sixth Ave., 303-322-7363, www.denvertruffle.com
- Marramiero Inferi Montepulciano D'Abruzzo (2003). This lusty wine with dark fruit and vanilla nuances makes a fine pairing with an Italian meal or a cheese and salumi plate. Available at Mondo Vino, 3601 W. 32nd Ave., 303-458-3858, www.mondovino.net
- Everyday Food's Great Food Fast Our favorite cookbook of late is Everyday Food's Great Food Fast. We make dinner from its pages at least once a week, and current favorites are the easy and tasty lemon-garlic lamb kebabs, Sloppy Joes, and lemon custard cakes. Available at the Tattered Cover Book Store, 2526 E. Colfax Ave., 303-322-7727; 1628 16th St., 303-436-1070, www.tatteredcover.com
- 3 ounces OLO spiced rum
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 ounces pineapple juice (you can substitute mango, orange, or pear juice)
- 1 ounce watermelon liqueur (or 2 ounces of fresh watermelon juice)
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.