February 14 2008, 2:44 PM
Valentine's Day has a bad habit of sneaking upâ€¦and even the best intentioned romantics are left reservation-less. Lest you disappoint your honey, we offer a few outside-of-the-box secrets that'll save you from reservation despair.
- Pop over to the bar at the Oceanaire Seafood Room for a selection of fresh-shucked oysters. Pair those Malpeques and Kumamotos with a glass of bubbly.
- Go ethnic with dinner at Jewel of India (10343 Federal Blvd., Unit P, Westminster, 303-469-7779). Cozy up in a booth and order platters of tandoori chicken, hot naan, and lamb vindaloo.
- Bundle up and go for a stroll through the Baker neighborhood. Stop off at Strelka (3 S. Broadway, 720-570-4500), Sputnik's take-out window, for addictive sweet potato fries and Cuban pork sandwiches--and funnel cake. Take and go, or eat there and stay for local DJ Sara Thurston's beat-heavy Danceotron.
- Check out Indulge French Bistro (4140 W. 38th Ave., 303-433-7400). This brand-new French spot is fresh enough that it's not on everyone's list. Go early or late and chances are, you'll find a table.
- Dip in at Gelazzi on romantic Larimer Square (1411 Larimer St., 303-534-5056). We're of the mind that it's never to cold for gelato--especially when you can dress it up with a shot of amaretto or Cointreau.