Top 5 Reasons to Happy Hour at Ernie's Bar & Pizza
"Prices are born here and raised elsewhere."
So reads a sign hanging above the bar at Ernie's Bar & Pizza in northwest Denver's Sunnyside neighborhood. Study the menu, and you'll find this establishment takes that slogan seriously.
I took some time to acquaint myself with the various discounted offerings before diving in. Here, five reasons to make it your next happy hour spot:
1) Two designated happy hours: For the daytime set, Ernie's offers specials during the usual 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. window, but late-nighters will appreciate another round from 10 p.m. to midnight—both daily. Choose from $1.75 drafts, $2.75 pints, and $6.75 seasonal pitchers of brews like Kona Longboard Island Lager, Pipeline Porter, and Fire Rock Pale Ale. If beer isn't your swill, $5 buys a Classic Blue Martini, well drinks, Italian margs, or a glass of house Chardonnay or Merlot.
2) Housemade limoncello shots: These aren't specifically on the happy hour menu, but they're on special for $4 all day on Thursdays. Which leads me to...
3) Daily specials: One featured drink/shot is discounted all day Monday through Sunday, and the same goes for a selected brew Monday through Friday—a killer bonus to any happy hour. Hit up Ernie's on Mondays for a $5 Bert cocktail: Svedka Clementine, limoncello, St. Germain, pineapple and orange juices, with a pomegranate liqueur float, served up.
4) Seating options: Partial wrap-around patio, dining room, bar, sofas, cocktail table—take your pick. They're all here. And each seating area provides a unique vantage without seeming disjointed.
5) Skee ball: Amuse yourself while waiting for your happy hour pals by rolling a few balls up the incline. Or if your happy hour includes shooting pool, wait out your turn at the table (next to the skee-ball machine) while aiming for the top-scoring holes.
2915 W. 44th Ave., 303-955-5580
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.