For the past two years, 5280 editors Patrick Doyle, Natasha Gardner, and Geoff Van Dyke have tasted their way through dozens of Colorado beers and picked the best of the bunch (last year, we selected the best Colorado beers by style; this year, we picked our top 24 Centennial state brews for each of the four seasons). But as much as we love our local suds, we are also fans of beers brewed beyond our state's borders. Here, Doyle, Gardner, and Van Dyke highlight their favorite five non-Colorado beers (in no particular order).
1. Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale, Ireland
2. Foret, Belgium
3. Stone IPA, California
4. Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA, Delaware
5. Anchor Steam Beer, California
1. Delirium Tremens, Belgium
2. Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Oregon
3. Guinness Extra Stout, Ireland
4. Duvel, Belgium
5. Harpoon IPA, Massachusetts
Geoff Van Dyke
1. Saison Dupont, Belgium
2. Victory Prima Pils, Pennsylvania
3. Russian River Pliny the Elder, California
4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, California
5. Guinness Stout, Ireland
Photo courtesy of VISIT DENVER
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.