For the past two years, 5280 editors Patrick Doyle, Natasha Gardner, and Geoff Van Dyke have tasted their way through dozens of Colorado beers and picked the best of the bunch (last year, we selected the best Colorado beers by style; this year, we picked our top 24 Centennial state brews for each of the four seasons). But as much as we love our local suds, we are also fans of beers brewed beyond our state's borders. Here, Doyle, Gardner, and Van Dyke highlight their favorite five non-Colorado beers (in no particular order).
1. Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale, Ireland
2. Foret, Belgium
3. Stone IPA, California
4. Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA, Delaware
5. Anchor Steam Beer, California
1. Delirium Tremens, Belgium
2. Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Oregon
3. Guinness Extra Stout, Ireland
4. Duvel, Belgium
5. Harpoon IPA, Massachusetts
Geoff Van Dyke
1. Saison Dupont, Belgium
2. Victory Prima Pils, Pennsylvania
3. Russian River Pliny the Elder, California
4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, California
5. Guinness Stout, Ireland
Photo courtesy of VISIT DENVER
Colorado coal mining sits at a crossroads.
The Mile High Holidays: A Local Gift Guide
Meet the principal of Columbine High School.
Everything you need to know about Colorado's grand experiment with legalized recreational...
Colorado has pumped nearly $25 million into mental health crisis care since the Aurora theater...