It’s been two years since we last published The 5280 50, a snapshot view of who’s who in Denver’s power structure. But in that short time, the Mile High City’s most powerful have played a game of Chutes and Ladders. We’ve got a new governor—and a new mayor. More than half of the list wasn’t on it last time. Aurora’s rising (or at least making a lot of noise). And Denver just might love bikes as much as it loves the Broncos.
Today, we’re giving you a sneak peak at our top 10. Each hour, we’ll release another name, so stay tuned. You might be surprised at who’s really running Denver.
10. Maria Garcia Berry, CEO, CRL Associates
9. Michael Bennet, U.S. Senator
8. Phil Anschutz, media mogul
7. Larry Mizel, chairman/CEO, MDC Holdings Inc.
6. Norman Brownstein and Steven Farber, co-founders, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
5. Cole Finegan, managing partner, Hogan Lovells
4. Roxane White, chief of staff, Governor’s office
3. Michael Hancock, Mayor of Denver
2. Dean Singleton, executive chairman, MediaNews
1. John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado
Meet the man who took charge of the Colorado DOC in the wake of his predecessor’s murder....
The 33 things every Coloradan should know how to do.
This season’s nine top looks for men and women exude a casual but polished elegance...
Behold, the 10 very best restaurants to hit the Mile High City in the past year.
Elegant taste, feminine colors, and just a touch of sparkle: How a city girl got her dream home...