It's that time again: ski season. And this year, we want to make sure our legs, chest, core, and arms are ripped and ready to shred some pow-pow. Master trainer Karita Cassia from F-7 Healthy Lifestyles has devised a plan to turn our dream winter-physiques into a reality this season. Combine these two moves to whip your legs into shape.
Target muscles: glutes and quads
1. Standing on your right leg, extend your left leg in front of you and raise your foot three to four inches off the ground. Extend your arms out in front, parallel to the floor.
2. Slowly lower your hips and butt down toward the floor until your butt is level with your knee and your knee is bent at a 90 degree angle. Make sure your knee stays behind your toe.
Keep your left foot off the ground. Tip: Move as if you were sitting down in a chair.
3. Slowly rise up, keeping your left foot off the ground the entire time. Repeat eight to 10 reps on each leg. Alternate with split jumps (described below.) Modified version: Hold onto a wall or chair while lowering your hips and butt.
Target muscles: glutes, quads, and calves
1. Start in a lunge position.
2. Jump up and "scissor" your legs in the air. Land in a lunge position. Repeat 10 to 20 reps. Then alternate with pistol squats. Tip: Make sure your back knee is dropped low to the floor.
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.