From first chair to last chair, Colorado ski and snowboard enthusiasts savor every moment on the slopes. But, unless you live at the base of a resort or are a member of a ski team, you probably don't have the strength and stamina to last all day. That's where Karita Cassia from F-7 Healthy Lifestyles comes in. This cardio-burst workout is designed to strengthen muscles and build stamina. So get ready to carve turns all day. We think it's time you got finally your money's worth out of those lift tickets. Don't you?
Burpie with a Push-up
Target muscles: chest
1. Start in a standing position and quickly lower both hands to the ground and pop your feet back so that you are in a plank position (or the top part of a push-up).
2. Complete the push-up, chest all the way down to the floor, and straighten back up into a plank position.
3. Hop legs in to meet your hands and jump up. Do 10 to 20 reps. Alternate with Bosu-balance squat. (See below.) Tip: You want to do these as fast as you can so that you really get your heart rate up.
Target muscles: quads, glutes, and core
1. Using a half-Bosu, hard side up, stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
2. Find your balance and then slowly lower your hip down until your knees are in a 90 degree angle. Hold for 10 seconds.
3. Slowly rise to a standing position. Repeat 10 times. Alternate with burpies.
Colorado coal mining sits at a crossroads.
The Mile High Holidays: A Local Gift Guide
Meet the principal of Columbine High School.
Everything you need to know about Colorado's grand experiment with legalized recreational...
Colorado has pumped nearly $25 million into mental health crisis care since the Aurora theater...