In the July issue of 5280, we broke down the number of DUI arrests in the metro area in the month of July from 2007 to 2011. Here are some tips to avoid becoming a part of this year's statistics—and still have fun on our nation's b-day.
- Have a plan before you head out. Don’t wait until you are already impaired to decide how you are getting home.
- Take advantage of RTD’s 10,000 bus stops, 35 miles of light rail service, and 70 Park-n-Rides. Remember, though, Wednesday services will be on a Holiday schedule.
- Call a cab or a designated driver service if your plans change during the night.
- Don’t rely on coffee, mixes, or water to sober you up. Time is the only thing that can do the job.
- Don’t hesitate to call 911 if you see erratic driving. The Denver Police Department considers any form of impaired driving an emergency.
—Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Meet the man who took charge of the Colorado DOC in the wake of his predecessor’s murder....
The 33 things every Coloradan should know how to do.
This season’s nine top looks for men and women exude a casual but polished elegance...
Behold, the 10 very best restaurants to hit the Mile High City in the past year.
Elegant taste, feminine colors, and just a touch of sparkle: How a city girl got her dream home...