According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as many as 127 of every 100,000 Coloradans are afflicted with breast cancer. In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here are five local ways to support the cause:
1. Champagne and Diamonds: A dinner gala featuring silent and live auctions and a $9,000 diamond giveaway.
When: Saturday, October 20, 5:30 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites, 1420 Stout St.
Hosted By: Sense of Security, a Denver-based organization that assists cancer patients and their families with basic financial needs such as housing and groceries.
Tickets: $125, purchase here.
2. Pink Tie Affair: A dinner gala with a silent auction, casino games, and other entertainment.
When: Saturday, October 27, 6 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, 1550 Court Place, Plaza Ballroom
Tickets: $200 per person; $150 per young professional; $300 per patron; purchase here.
3. Fi(gh)t for the Cure: Wacoal and Macy’s join forces for this one-day bra-fitting event, during which Wacoal will donate $2 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every complimentary fitting.
When: Friday, October 26 (Cherry Creek); Thursday, October 25 (Park Meadows); Wednesday, October 24 (Boulder)
Where: Macy’s (Cherry Creek, 15 S. Steele St.); Macy’s (Park Meadows, 8455 Park Meadows Center Drive, Littleton); and Macy’s (1900 29th St., Boulder).
4. Pinktober Concert 2012 Featuring Katey Laurel: The Hard Rock Cafe Denver continues its 13-year campaign for breast cancer awareness with singer/songwriter Katey Laurel. Proceeds benefit the Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
When: Friday, October 12, 10 p.m.
Where: Hard Rock Cafe Denver, 500 16th St. Mall, Ste. 120
Hosted By: Hard Rock Cafe Denver
Tickets: $5; purchase here.
5. Men for the Cure: A men’s dinner event featuring golf legend and Masters champion Craig “The Walrus” Stadler as the keynote speaker. Don’t miss the raffle for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz CL550 Coupe. Proceeds benefit the University of Colorado Hospital’s Diane O’Connor Thompson Breast Cancer Center.
When: Tuesday, October 16, 6 p.m.
Where: XJet, 8201 South Interport Blvd., Englewood
Hosted By: University of Colorado Hospital
Tickets: $200; purchase here.
—Image via Shutterstock
Colorado coal mining sits at a crossroads.
The Mile High Holidays: A Local Gift Guide
Meet the principal of Columbine High School.
Everything you need to know about Colorado's grand experiment with legalized recreational...
Colorado has pumped nearly $25 million into mental health crisis care since the Aurora theater...