5280 is seeking a restaurant critic who can build upon the success of our established food coverage. This is a freelance position; the critic will report to 5280’s food editor, Amanda Faison. The ideal candidate must:
• Have excellent reporting and writing skills
• Produce informative, sharp, and entertaining monthly restaurant reviews
• Possess strong, informed, trustworthy opinions
• Have extensive knowledge of food, restaurants, and the local dining scene (A culinary degree and/or professional kitchen experience is a plus, but not required)
• Blog for 5280.com weekly and maintain an active presence on Twitter (while remaining anonymous)
• Have a schedule that allows time to dine out several times a week and to keep current on local and national trends
Think you’re the ideal candidate? E-mail a brief cover letter, resumé, three PDF work clips, and a sample restaurant review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
—Photo via Shutterstock
Meet the man who took charge of the Colorado DOC in the wake of his predecessor’s murder....
The 33 things every Coloradan should know how to do.
This season’s nine top looks for men and women exude a casual but polished elegance...
Behold, the 10 very best restaurants to hit the Mile High City in the past year.
Elegant taste, feminine colors, and just a touch of sparkle: How a city girl got her dream home...