5280 is seeking a restaurant critic who can build upon the success of our established food coverage. This is a freelance position; the critic will report to 5280’s food editor, Amanda Faison. The ideal candidate must:
• Have excellent reporting and writing skills
• Produce informative, sharp, and entertaining monthly restaurant reviews
• Possess strong, informed, trustworthy opinions
• Have extensive knowledge of food, restaurants, and the local dining scene (A culinary degree and/or professional kitchen experience is a plus, but not required)
• Blog for 5280.com weekly and maintain an active presence on Twitter (while remaining anonymous)
• Have a schedule that allows time to dine out several times a week and to keep current on local and national trends
Think you’re the ideal candidate? E-mail a brief cover letter, resumé, three PDF work clips, and a sample restaurant review to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
—Photo via Shutterstock
Facebook Comments Box
Here’s why it’s finally time to get back in the Denver real estate market.
We’ve highlighted some of the best road cycling routes along the Front Range and in the high...
Colorado’s labor market has more than its share of occupational hazards.
Each year, more than 18,000 victims of domestic violence call SafeHouse Denver’s hot line. Meet...
From obesity to food allergies, we break down five issues facing Colorado’s kids.