Where To Live in Denver Now
Our annual guide to the hottest 'hoods in town (look closely, there are some surprises in there). PLUS: The changing definition of "location, location, location," four things to do when looking for a Realtor, and why now is (perhaps) the best time to buy in a generation.
Everyone's wired these days. Here's how to do your house-hunting homework with little more than a DSL connection.
- The Denver Board of Realtors (www.denverealtors.org) A resource that allows you to vet agents for complaints and other information.
- City of Denver (www.denvergov.org) Extensive information about the city, including neighborhood crime statistics. Click on the "Living in Denver" tab for referrals to registered neighborhood organizations.
- The Downtown Denver Partnership (www.downtowndenver.com) Gives you the 411 on everything in the Mile High City—even if you don't live in LoDo.
- Walk Score (www.walkscore.com) Plug in any address and see its "walkablity score," a gauge of how accessible a house will be to amenities such as restaurants, shopping, and public transit.
- Yelp (www.yelp.com) The go-to site for localized consumer reviews of everything from dive bars to dog groomers.