"Prices are born here and raised elsewhere."
So reads a sign hanging above the bar at Ernie's Bar & Pizza  in northwest Denver's Sunnyside neighborhood. Study the menu, and you'll find this establishment takes that slogan seriously.
I took some time to acquaint myself with the various discounted offerings before diving in. Here, five reasons to make it your next happy hour spot:
1) Two designated happy hours: For the daytime set, Ernie's offers specials during the usual 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. window, but late-nighters will appreciate another round from 10 p.m. to midnight—both daily. Choose from $1.75 drafts, $2.75 pints, and $6.75 seasonal pitchers of brews like Kona Longboard Island Lager, Pipeline Porter, and Fire Rock Pale Ale. If beer isn't your swill, $5 buys a Classic Blue Martini, well drinks, Italian margs, or a glass of house Chardonnay or Merlot.
2) Housemade limoncello shots: These aren't specifically on the happy hour menu, but they're on special for $4 all day on Thursdays. Which leads me to...
3) Daily specials: One featured drink/shot is discounted all day Monday through Sunday, and the same goes for a selected brew Monday through Friday—a killer bonus to any happy hour. Hit up Ernie's on Mondays for a $5 Bert cocktail: Svedka Clementine, limoncello, St. Germain, pineapple and orange juices, with a pomegranate liqueur float, served up.
4) Seating options: Partial wrap-around patio, dining room, bar, sofas, cocktail table—take your pick. They're all here. And each seating area provides a unique vantage without seeming disjointed.
5) Skee ball: Amuse yourself while waiting for your happy hour pals by rolling a few balls up the incline. Or if your happy hour includes shooting pool, wait out your turn at the table (next to the skee-ball machine) while aiming for the top-scoring holes.
2915 W. 44th Ave., 303-955-5580