It’s been two years  since we last published The 5280 50, a snapshot view of who’s who in Denver’s power structure. But in that short time, the Mile High City’s most powerful have played a game of Chutes and Ladders. We’ve got a new governor—and a new mayor. More than half of the list wasn’t on it last time. Aurora’s rising (or at least making a lot of noise). And Denver just might love bikes as much as it loves the Broncos.
Today, we’re giving you a sneak peak at our top 10. Each hour, we’ll release another name, so stay tuned. You might be surprised at who’s really running Denver.
10. Maria Garcia Berry, CEO, CRL Associates
9. Michael Bennet, U.S. Senator
8. Phil Anschutz, media mogul
7. Larry Mizel, chairman/CEO, MDC Holdings Inc.
6. Norman Brownstein and Steven Farber, co-founders, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
5. Cole Finegan, managing partner, Hogan Lovells
4. Roxane White, chief of staff, Governor’s office
3. Michael Hancock, Mayor of Denver
2. Dean Singleton, executive chairman, MediaNews
1. John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado