Blistering. Scorching. Sweltering. There are many ways to describe the heat wave that's coming to Denver this weekend. Lucky for you, we’ve got five fresh solutions that’ll make summertime living, well, a breeze. So put down the ice pack and check out these more pleasurable ways to cool off.
1) Take a dip: Stapleton’s F-15 pool  is kid-friendly and also boasts lap lanes, grassy areas, and, generous amounts of shaded space. (Daily 11 a.m.-6:45 p.m., 2831 Hanover St., 303-355-5078. $7 for non-residents.)
2) Sip on a cocktail: Even though it’s concocted with fresh jalapeños, the spicy mango-cilantro sangria at Cuba Cuba  will quickly cool your senses, so order up a pitcher (or two). Or make it at home . (Mon-Thu 5-10 p.m., Fri-Sat 5-10:30 p.m., 1173 Delaware St., 303-605-2822.)
3) Escape to the lakes: Tackle the trek from the Echo Lake campground to the Chicago Lakes  and you'll be rewarded with breathtaking views and a peaceful glacial oasis. (Echo Lake campground in Clear Creek. Free.)
4) Explore Colorado's caves: Retreat deep into the Manitou Grand Caverns on this guided tour to explore historic rock formations using only a hand-held lantern. Learn the eerie history of the Cave of the Winds  and you'll be leaving with goosebumps, we promise. (Daily 7 a.m.-10 p.m., 100 Cave of the Winds Rd., Manitou Springs, 719-685-5444. $11-20.)
5) Get cheesy: Chill out in Colorado's largest walk-in refrigerated cheese and cured meat market while sampling gourmet goodies from around the world at Cheese Importer's Warehouse . (Mon-Sat 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sun 11 a.m.-5 p.m., 33 S. Pratt Pkwy, Longmont, 303-443-4444.)
—Image  courtesy of Shutterstock.