The Great American Beer Festival  is just around the corner, but Denver Beer Fest  is already here. From October 5 through 13, Denver will be filled with beer pairing dinners, tastings, and brewery tours. There are nearly 100 events over the course of the Fest, which is a bit overwhelming—even for us beer-lovers. Don't employ the dart-throwing method at the schedule or try to see everything. (Your liver will hate you.) Instead, check out these five events. We think they sound swell.
1. Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout Tapping , 10/8
Why go? Pure curiosity.
2. Left Hand Brewing Company Beer Dinner at Lucky Pie , 10/9
Why go? It is like college, but more sophisticated.
3. Craft Beer Tours with Culinary Connectors , 10/10
Why go? Two-hour tour that hits two tap rooms and a local brewery.
4. Colorado Brewers Brunch at Freshcraft , 10/12
Why go? Breakfast and beer? Why not?
5. Avery Pucker Up Poker Run , 10/12
Why go? Run—or bike—around town to local pubs to collect playing cards and vie for the best poker hand at the end of the day.