5280 is seeking a restaurant critic who can build upon the success of our established food coverage. This is a freelance position; the critic will report to 5280’s food editor, Amanda Faison. The ideal candidate must:
• Have excellent reporting and writing skills
• Produce informative, sharp, and entertaining monthly restaurant reviews
• Possess strong, informed, trustworthy opinions
• Have extensive knowledge of food, restaurants, and the local dining scene (A culinary degree and/or professional kitchen experience is a plus, but not required)
• Blog for 5280.com  weekly and maintain an active presence on Twitter (while remaining anonymous)
• Have a schedule that allows time to dine out several times a week and to keep current on local and national trends
Think you’re the ideal candidate? E-mail a brief cover letter, resumé, three PDF work clips, and a sample restaurant review to email@example.com .
No phone calls please.
—Photo via Shutterstock