According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , as many as 127 of every 100,000 Coloradans are afflicted with breast cancer. In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here are five local ways to support the cause:
1. Champagne and Diamonds : A dinner gala featuring silent and live auctions and a $9,000 diamond giveaway.
When: Saturday, October 20, 5:30 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites, 1420 Stout St.
Hosted By: Sense of Security , a Denver-based organization that assists cancer patients and their families with basic financial needs such as housing and groceries.
Tickets: $125, purchase here .
2. Pink Tie Affair : A dinner gala with a silent auction, casino games, and other entertainment.
When: Saturday, October 27, 6 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, 1550 Court Place, Plaza Ballroom
Hosted By: Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure 
Tickets: $200 per person; $150 per young professional; $300 per patron; purchase here .
3. Fi(gh)t for the Cure : Wacoal and Macy’s join forces for this one-day bra-fitting event, during which Wacoal will donate $2 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every complimentary fitting.
When: Friday, October 26 (Cherry Creek); Thursday, October 25 (Park Meadows); Wednesday, October 24 (Boulder)
Where: Macy’s (Cherry Creek, 15 S. Steele St.); Macy’s (Park Meadows, 8455 Park Meadows Center Drive, Littleton); and Macy’s (1900 29th St., Boulder).
4. Pinktober Concert 2012 Featuring Katey Laurel : The Hard Rock Cafe Denver continues its 13-year campaign for breast cancer awareness with singer/songwriter Katey Laurel. Proceeds benefit the Denver Metropolitan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
When: Friday, October 12, 10 p.m.
Where: Hard Rock Cafe Denver, 500 16th St. Mall, Ste. 120
Hosted By: Hard Rock Cafe Denver 
Tickets: $5; purchase here .
5. Men for the Cure : A men’s dinner event featuring golf legend and Masters champion Craig “The Walrus” Stadler as the keynote speaker. Don’t miss the raffle for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz CL550 Coupe. Proceeds benefit the University of Colorado Hospital’s Diane O’Connor Thompson Breast Cancer Center.
When: Tuesday, October 16, 6 p.m.
Where: XJet, 8201 South Interport Blvd., Englewood
Hosted By: University of Colorado Hospital 
Tickets: $200; purchase here .
—Image  via Shutterstock