Colorado Gives Day (happening tomorrow, December 4) might as well be a state holiday. The idea: a 24-hour giving spree to hundreds of Colorado charities, big and small. In its inaugural year, the foundation raised $8.4 million for 529 charities; last year $12.4 million was donated to 928 nonprofits. Organizers anticipate an even bigger outpouring of generosity this year, and you can help by donating to any of the more than 1,000 participating nonprofits. It's super easy: Just go to www.givingfirst.org  and find the charity you want to donate to. Think you might forget on Dec. 4? No worries—you can preschedule a donation. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Lighthouse Writers Workshop : We like words, and this organization does too. Lighthouse  aims to encourage writers of all ages and supports Denver's literary community.
2. Denver Active 20-30 Children’s Foundation : These young business professionals ages 20 to 39 host annual fund-raising projects and events  to benefit disadvantaged children.
3. Chihuahua and Small Dog Rescue, Inc .: This organization not only helps find our tiny pooches healthy, loving homes , but also strives to educate people on the special needs of small-breed dogs in order to avoid abusive or neglectful situations.
4. AMC Cancer Fund : AMC helps raise funds and awareness for the University of Colorado Cancer Center, which has incredible programs for cancer research, education, and care. It’s close to home , but their research helps the fight against cancer nationwide.
5. Bicycle Colorado : Like your two-wheeled friend? This organization encourages and promotes bicycling and is working to increase safety and improve conditions  to make bike riding easier for Coloradoans.
6. Denver Film Society : In addition to screening more than 600 films a year, DFS hosts programs like Film on the Rocks,the Starz Denver Film Festival , and Young Filmmakers Workshop to educate and entertain filmgoers and filmmakers alike.