Colorado is the kind of place that gets under your skin, into your blood, and into your soul. I wasn’t born or raised here, but I made a conscious decision to get here as fast as I could. And for almost nine years, I’ve been writing about the people, places, and experiences that make this state such a special place to live, explore, and discover yourself. Today, as I write my last post as a 5280 staffer, I can’t help but think about the adventures ahead , and how very different they’ll be.
Let’s be honest: It’ll be difficult—dare I say impossible—to top the Colorado lifestyle. The trip down memory lane, much of it documented in 5280, is a spectacular one. So, just in case you haven’t been paying attention over the years, here are 10 things, in no particular order, that should be on your "to-do" list.
1. Go on a yurt trip . Try the Hidden Treasure yurts in Eagle County.
3. Take a road trip to the Moab Music Festival . Stay at the Sorrel River Ranch.
4. Ski Telluride . A lot.
5. Wrestle an alligator . OK, not for everyone, but there are hundreds of them at the Colorado Gators and Reptile Park in the San Juan Valley.
6. Try ice climbing . Nothing quite like hoisting yourself over the top of a frozen waterfall in Rocky Mountain National Park.
7. Visit a mountain spa . You deserve it.
8. Raft under Christo’s  (still pending) “Over the River” installation—if he ever clears the hurdles.
9. Go tubing . We like the Poudre River. But be safe.
10. Watch the sun rise at Red Rocks . You can get up that early once. It’s worth it.
Until next time, Colorado…
—Image  courtesy of Shutterstock