With plenty of trendy flats and mid-heel options, there's never been a better time to ditch those painful sky-high heels.
Rachel Comey Tulip Heeled sandal in Wheat, $330, Goldyn, 2040 W. 30th Ave., 720-489-0580, shopgoldyn.com
On Thursday morning, I discussed taking a high-heel detox with stiletto-devotee and KWGN Channel 2 anchor Heather Mills. After all, skyscraper pumps may make you feel more commanding in an important meeting and sexier when on a date, but they’re a killer on your feet and posture. For those needing a break, you're in luck. Designers have been steadily lowering their heel heights over the past few seasons, giving women lots of stylish shoe options (without the added pain). In fact, there's never been a better time to shed the heels—this spring’s runways were filled with trendy flat and mid-heel heights. Step into the new season wearing one of the top five mid-heels styles for spring:
- The Block Heel: The star of the season is the block heel. Shown in a variety of heights, from 1 to 3 inches, this shoe pairs well with everything from short skirts to wide-leg pants and shorts. From menswear-inspired details (The Office of Angela Scott , $540, Moxie, 5936 S. Holly St., 303-694-0773) to tough-girl ankle wraps (Coclico , $405, Two Sole Sisters, 1078 S. Gaylord St., 303-722-2887) and earthy-hues (pictured above, Rachel Comey , $330, Goldyn, 2040 W. 30th Ave., 720-489-0580), there’s a version of this heel style to suit any taste.
- The Flatform: A platform that elevates the entire foot (instead of just the toe box and then pitching the heel upwards) is another great way to get height while keeping your foot (essentially) flat. This chic two-tone Robert Clergerie  ($595, Vertu, 300 E. 3rd Ave., 303-333-8883) pairs well with cropped trousers and below-the-knee skirts.
- The Western Boot: Bare legs and boots are a sexy summer pairing, so there's no reason to put your ankle boots away during the warmer months. This season’s go-to has the elongated toe box and stack heel of a traditional cowboy boot, with sleek lines and minimal details to keep the look modern. Silver metallic gives this Calleen Cordero  boot ($332.50, Moxie) an extra special finish.
- The Kitten Heel: If you work in a more traditional office environment or are looking for a pump to add to your rotation, try this d’Orsay version by Vince  ($245, Nordstrom, Cherry Creek Shopping Mall, 2810 E. First Ave., 720-799-3400). Its clean, sharp lines make this a modern addition to any shoe wardrobe.
- The Athletic Sneaker: Designers have been tweaking this American classic for several seasons, but this version by La Bottega di Lisa  ($310, Two Sole Sisters)—with its cork and foam platform sole—feels like a stylish hybrid of a kick-meets-creeper. Style it with layered up jersey tank dresses or a cropped trouser.
Watch my full segment on KWGN  and check out all the shoes featured.