It may be time to lay off the raw bar. State health officials are warning Colorado citizens
of the dangers of eating raw oysters after one person died and nine others were sickened by the bacterium vibrio.
"It's concerning because it's a severe illness. People who are at high risk should not eat raw oysters," Alicia Cronquist, an epidemiologist with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, said.
An 81-year-old Arapahoe County man died after eating raw oysters in a local restaurant. The symptoms of vibrio include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, chills, and fever.