The polls are open. Sporadic problems have been reported, mostly related to the late opening of a few polling places and computer glitches. Best advice, go early, dress warm for outdoor lines, have your id ready. Here’s a breakdown on Colorado voters by the numbers:
- 850,000 voted early this year (up 75,000 from 2000.)
- 3 million and change are registered to vote.
- Voter turnout is expected to be 70 to 75%.
- More than 1 million of Colorado’s 3 million registered voters are independents
- Republicans now outnumber registered Democrats by 178,000 voters.
Voting blocks to watch:
- Evangelical voters
- Hispanic voters
- Other minority voters