If it feels like Denver is becoming as obsessed with football as Peyton Manning is, you’re right—at least until Sunday. Which made the 5280 editors wonder: What is No. 18’s pregame ritual? It is sure to be perfected, obsessive, and, well, effective. So, here’s our guess as to what he’s doing.
- Iron boxer shorts.
- Remind intern about the proper curvature for the brim of post-game hat.
- Create a pop quiz for the receivers on routes. Practice “I’m disappointed” face if they answer incorrectly.
- Start pre-game stretches for neck. Continue until game time.
- Order 60 Papa John’s pizzas to be delivered to the Seahawks’ hotel rooms at 3 a.m. on gameday because you get a bulk deal.
- Polish shoes.
- Moisturize forehead.
- Put post-game Bud Light in fridge to chill for tomorrow. Feel guilty about not trying Colorado’s craft beers.
- Call Eli to wish him goodnight.
- Call Eric Decker to remind him to tie his shoelaces.
- Remoisturize forehead.
- Try out other names, instead of Omaha (“South Dakota! South Dakota!”).
- Send email to John Fox and John Elway saying, “I’ve got this.”
—Image courtesy of Shutterstock
- Ms. Tutu to cheer on BOLDERBoulder races for the 41st time this year
- Marquez had a solid outing on the mound, and the Rockies scored 9 runs to beat the Nationals 9-5
- What should the Denver Broncos do with the 10th overall pick in the NFL draft?
- Jeff Hoffman takes the loss as the Nationals beat the Rockies 6-3 Tuesday night at Coors Field