The Local newsletter is your free, daily guide to life in Colorado. For locals, by locals. Sign up today!
The inaugural Denver International Wine Fest is coming up next Saturday, November 5, and leading up to the festival is Denver Wine Week, which kicks off today. A series of Denver Wine Week vintner dinners is scheduled all week, with participating restaurants in Denver and along the Front Range creating special menus to showcase lesser-known and limited production wines. Take a look:
- Monday, October 31 – Bacco Imports Italian Wine Dinner at Pulcinella Ristorante. Try Italian wines from some of Italy’s premier boutique wineries paired with chef Antonio Race’s authentic Italian menu. $65, 6:30 p.m., 300 S. Public Road, Lafayette.
- Tuesday, November 1 – Bacco Imports Italian Wine Dinner at Pulcinella Ristorante. Same as above, at the Fort Collins location, 2100 West Drake Road, Fort Collins.
- Wednesday, November 2 – Balistreri Wine Dinner at Fourth Story Restaurant. Chef Tim Opiel of Fourth Story and Julie and John Balistreri of Balistreri Vineyards have created a classic-contemporary five-course dinner. $55, 6:30 p.m., 2955 E. 1st Ave., Denver.
- Wednesday, November 2 – Rodney Strong vintners dinner at Trinity Grille. This seven-course dinner and reception showcases the best of land, sea, and wine. $65, 6:30 p.m., 1801 Broadway, Denver.
- Thursday, November 3 – Just Desserts dessert wine dinner at Cook Street School. Get ready for a sweet evening of desserts and wines. $39, 6 p.m., 1937 Market St., Denver.
- Friday, November 4 – Vinedo de los Vientos vintners dinner at McCormick’s. Discover the wines of Uruguay during a special four-course dinner with the editors of Wine Country International magazine. $75, 6 p.m., in the Sage Room at the Oxford Hotel, 1659 Wazee St., Denver.
- Friday, November 4 – Gundlach Bundschu wine dinner at Mirepoix Restaurant. Join Mirepoix’s new chef Billy Boyle for a four course dinner paired with wines from Sonoma. $55, 6:30 p.m., 150 Clayton Lane, Denver.
- Saturday, November 5 – Denver International Wine Festival. Sample from over 300 wines from 70 wineries and 16 countries during this event, sponsored by Wine Country International. Tickets are $95 or $120 for VIP with access to a separate lounge with many limited-production wines. Noon – 5 p.m. at the Oxford Hotel, 1600 17th St., Denver.