SubscribeAvailable Now

Find an Event

Farm-To-Table Free Community Meal

(970) 379-2323


Hotel Jerome
330 E. Main St.
Aspen, CO 81611

Back in the early 2000s, before the farm-to-table movement infiltrated the United States, Eden Vardy stumbled across a network of popular Brazilian cafes that only used inexpensive, locally grown ingredients. The concept inspired the Aspen environmentalist to host a free dinner, incorporating a similar approach, for Roaring Fork Valley residents in 2008. Vardy still holds his Farm-To-Table Free Community Meal each November, now on behalf of his environmental education nonprofit, the Farm Collaborative. At least seven local chefs will make this year’s Thanksgiving-themed supper, with abut 75 percent of ingredients coming from farms within 35 miles of the event venue, the Hotel Jerome. (The other 25 percent will still come from Colorado growers.) Vardy will also announce that the Farm Collaborative is expanding from two thirds of an acre to 14 acres and adding agritourism opportunities. That way, even more people can experience what it’s like to feast on the fruits of their neighbor’s labor.


Category:
Date:
Nov 20, 2018
Cost:
Free

Newsletter Signup

Keep me up to date on the latest trends and happenings around Denver. 5280 has a newsletter for everyone. Sign Up