About 5280 Publishing
Named America’s best big-city magazine in 2018 and 2020, 5280 has been telling Denver’s story for more than 25 years. Readers depend on 5280 for compelling long-form journalism, smart guides to the city and region, superb design, and unforgettable photography. Locally owned and independently operated, the company also publishes 5280 Home, 5280 Traveler, and 5280 Health magazines, as well as the award-winning Colorado Parent family of publications.
5280 Publishing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salary and benefits.
No phone calls, please.
Audience Growth Coordinator
5280 Publishing, Inc. is seeking an audience growth coordinator to assist in driving the growth and retention of our audience. We publish a family of publications across multiple print and digital platforms that includes the award-winning 5280, 5280 Home, and Colorado Parent magazines, as well as an expanding portfolio of events and experiential products. We’re looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented team player who will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have a strong skillset in digital strategy with an eagerness to learn the dynamics of the print industry.
- Manage the implementation of digital and print marketing campaigns aimed at growing magazine, website, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Implement, organize, and report on all efforts to serve and retain current print and digital subscribers as well as newsstand sales channels.
- Help to maintain a clean and up-to-date audience database, for both print and digital, that allows efficient monetization while respecting user privacy and preferences.
- Oversee delivery of daily, weekly, and monthly editorial and advertising email newsletters.
- Manage scheduling and execution of programs with our fulfillment house, while working directly with our circulation consultants.
- Work with newsstand consultants and print operations team to ensure timely and correct presence on newsstands.
- Manage professional subscription programs and relationships with partner organizations.
- Maintain all necessary data for postal regulations and third-party circulation audits.
- Work with our editorial team to improve search-engine rankings with a comprehensive SEO program.
- Devise social-media strategies with editorial and marketing teams, implement them, and measure their success.
- One to two years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with HubSpot or similar programs
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- You must be a strategic thinker, but grounded in the data.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
- Paid time off
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 based on experience
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
5280 Publishing, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé with the subject line “Audience Growth Coordinator” to email@example.com.
Editorial Internship Program
5280 offers editorial internship positions in the summer, fall, and spring. Internships are hands-on and involve a variety of responsibilities as well as the opportunity to regularly interact with the editorial staff.
Primary duties include fact-checking stories, contributing research to larger stories and feature packages, and writing shorter stories for the front-of-the-book sections. Interns also enter descriptions for the calendar listings, and write for 5280.com.
We also offer a dining-specific internship for those interested in food writing. The intern will work closely with our food editors to fact-check and write for the dining section of the magazine, enter descriptions for dining guide listings, and write for 5280.com. Those interested should specify dining internship in the subject line of their application email, and tailor their cover letter accordingly.
As part of the program, interns will take part in training sessions and mentorship. Training sessions are run by editors and provide an overview of how the magazine works, from pitching to editing to art/design. The mentorship program pairs each intern with two editors, offering interns a chance to gain firsthand knowledge about a career in journalism.
Requirements: Although a magazine, journalism, or English degree (or working toward a degree) is preferred, it’s not required. Published clips are required (college newspaper is OK). A commitment of three to four days a week is preferred. The internship is paid. Remote work is OK.
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resumé, and three to five published clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
Deadlines for applications: Summer (March 1); Fall (July 1); Spring (November 15).