1. Get out: Tackle an Urban Adventure
- Why you should go: This month’s cover story compiles 50 (yes, 50!) near-to-home adventures. What are you waiting for? Get going.
- Details: Your choice, Front Range
2. Get Involved: Amp the Cause’s 10th Annual Community Day
- Why you should go: Join more than 1,000 Coloradans as they spruce up local nonprofit locations by helping with tasks like xeriscaping the outdoor space at North Denver’s Children’s Outreach Project.
- Details: April 25, various locations
3. Play: wheat ridge Kite Flite Festival
- Why you should go: It may not officially be summer, but watching kids build and fly kites will make it seem like it is.
- Details: April 25, Anderson Park, Wheat Ridge
4. See: History Colorado’s Día del Niño
- Why you should go: Think you know a lot about the Centennial State’s history? Test your knowledge during this free day.
- Details: April 26, History Colorado, Denver
5. PONDER: SPACE GALLERY’S SOUL STRUCK
- Why you should go: The perfect antidote to the movie-and-dinner date night: Ponder the soul via art curated by the Art Students League of Denver.
- Details: April 2 to 25, Space Gallery, Denver
6. RUN: Wash Park Pub Run
- Why you should go: Looking for a free meal? Sign up for this weekly run through the park and nosh on a Whole Foods-catered dinner at the finish.
- Details: Wednesdays, Washington Park, Denver
7. Browse: Stop by the Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzales Branch library
- Why you should go: Denver’s newest library branch opened in February and is named after Gonzales, a leader of the Chicano movement. Best bet: Swing by on April 25 at 1 p.m. for the Las Comadres & Friends National Latino Book Club (this month’s pick: Howl of the Mission Owl).
- Details: Your choice, Rodolfo Gonzales Branch, Denver
8. GO GREEN: Earth Day Denver
- Why you should go: This annual celebration of Mother Earth is packed with need-to-know information (composting) and need-to-try activities (test drive an electric vehicle).
- Details: April 22, Civic Center Park, Denver
9. HIKE: ELDORADO CANYON TRAIL
- Why you should go: Accessible even during a muddy spring season, this trail’s steady climb pays off with scenic views.
- Details: Your Choice, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Boulder County
10. Relax: listen to a Colorado Rockies game
- Why you should go: This month marks the official start of baseball season. And while Coors Field has plenty of cheap ticket options, we’d also suggest setting up in City Park—you can have a view of the real Rockies—with a picnic lunch and a radio tuned to the game.
- Details: Your choice, City Park, Denver
Looking for more things to do in Denver? Check out our events calendar.