October 31 2005, 3:08 PM
The inaugural Denver International Wine Fest is coming up next Saturday, November 5, and leading up to the festival is Denver Wine Week, which kicks off today. A series of Denver Wine Week vintner dinners is scheduled all week, with participating restaurants in Denver and along the Front Range creating special menus to showcase lesser-known and limited production wines. Take a look:
- Monday, October 31 - Bacco Imports Italian Wine Dinner at Pulcinella Ristorante. Try Italian wines from some of Italy's premier boutique wineries paired with chef Antonio Race's authentic Italian menu. $65, 6:30 p.m., 300 S. Public Road, Lafayette.
- Tuesday, November 1 - Bacco Imports Italian Wine Dinner at Pulcinella Ristorante. Same as above, at the Fort Collins location, 2100 West Drake Road, Fort Collins.
- Wednesday, November 2 - Balistreri Wine Dinner at Fourth Story Restaurant. Chef Tim Opiel of Fourth Story and Julie and John Balistreri of Balistreri Vineyards have created a classic-contemporary five-course dinner. $55, 6:30 p.m., 2955 E. 1st Ave., Denver.
- Wednesday, November 2 - Rodney Strong vintners dinner at Trinity Grille. This seven-course dinner and reception showcases the best of land, sea, and wine. $65, 6:30 p.m., 1801 Broadway, Denver.
- Thursday, November 3 - Just Desserts dessert wine dinner at Cook Street School. Get ready for a sweet evening of desserts and wines. $39, 6 p.m., 1937 Market St., Denver.
- Friday, November 4 - Vinedo de los Vientos vintners dinner at McCormick's. Discover the wines of Uruguay during a special four-course dinner with the editors of Wine Country International magazine. $75, 6 p.m., in the Sage Room at the Oxford Hotel, 1659 Wazee St., Denver.
- Friday, November 4 - Gundlach Bundschu wine dinner at Mirepoix Restaurant. Join Mirepoix's new chef Billy Boyle for a four course dinner paired with wines from Sonoma. $55, 6:30 p.m., 150 Clayton Lane, Denver.
- Saturday, November 5 - Denver International Wine Festival. Sample from over 300 wines from 70 wineries and 16 countries during this event, sponsored by Wine Country International. Tickets are $95 or $120 for VIP with access to a separate lounge with many limited-production wines. Noon - 5 p.m. at the Oxford Hotel, 1600 17th St., Denver.