The district, Colorado's newest, is considered up for grabs because it is nearly evenly split among Republicans (32 percent of registered voters), Democrats (34 percent) and unaffiliated voters (34 percent). It twice elected Beauprez, but also backed Democrat John Kerry in 2004. "Democrats want to win this seat, Democrats have to win this seat. We need 15 seats to win control of the House and change the direction where the House is headed," said Danielle Radovich, Perlmutter's spokeswoman.To Peggy's credit, she immediately promised to support Ed in November.
Perlmutter and Lamm moved quickly to mend fences, with Lamm planning to join him at a reconciliation meeting later this week. "Peggy and I were friends before the race. We'll be friends again," Perlmutter said.O'Donnell wasted no time in contacting Ed after his victory last night. He has written him this letter challenging him to a debate a week for the next 12 weeks. Voters will have a clear choice to make in the fall election because there is a vast difference between Perlmutter and O'Donnell in their position on issues. Here are a few:
- O'Donnell once wanted to abolish social security. He now says he supports the program. Perlmutter is and always has been a strong backer of social security.
- O'Donnell opposes stem cell research. Perlmutter supports it.
- Perlmutter supports a woman's right to choose. O'Donnell is pro-life.
- O'Donnell supports the war in Iraq. Perlmutter has opposed it from the beginning and thinks it's time to start bringing our troops home. He also thinks Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld should resign.
- Perlmutter is a huge supporter of renewable energy and the environment. O'Donnell doesn't even mention the issue on his website.
Meet the man who took charge of the Colorado DOC in the wake of his predecessor’s murder....
The 33 things every Coloradan should know how to do.
This season’s nine top looks for men and women exude a casual but polished elegance...
Behold, the 10 very best restaurants to hit the Mile High City in the past year.
Elegant taste, feminine colors, and just a touch of sparkle: How a city girl got her dream home...