The Local newsletter is your free, daily guide to life in Colorado. For locals, by locals. Sign up today!
It may be time to lay off the raw bar. State health officials are warning Colorado citizens of the dangers of eating raw oysters after one person died and nine others were sickened by the bacterium vibrio.
“It’s concerning because it’s a severe illness. People who are at high risk should not eat raw oysters,” Alicia Cronquist, an epidemiologist with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, said.The Perfect Gift For Everyone On Your List!Give a Gift Now »
Give One Year of 5280 for just $16.
An 81-year-old Arapahoe County man died after eating raw oysters in a local restaurant. The symptoms of vibrio include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, chills, and fever.