The Local newsletter is your free, daily guide to life in Colorado. For locals, by locals. Sign up today!
Vivid colors and elaborate patterns are not typically associated with the work of Denver designer Mikhail Dantes. At the helm of D&D Interiors, Dantes—alongside his brother, Ron—has created muted, minimalistic spaces that exude timeless elegance for more than 30 years.
But when Dantes first discovered emerging British designer Kit Miles’ collection of textiles and wallcoverings in London, “I was drawn to the vibrancy and life,” he says. So began Dantes’ latest endeavor: MOD Design, a to-the-trade showroom that brings a slew of makers and artisans never before represented in the Denver area—in addition to familiar favorites—to the Denver Design District. “The taste level is being elevated [here],” he says. “There’s such great talent out there, and to have more options is every designer’s dream.”
- Reaching New Heights
- Trending Now: Classic Black
- Capsule Is Our New Go-to Source for Vintage Decor
- Design Find: Art You Can Sit On
- This 127-Year-Old Farmhouse-Turned-Airbnb-Rental Is the Perfect Weekend Getaway
- How to Fill Your Home With Art Without Spending a Fortune
- The Source’s Charley Co. Is Not Your Average Office Space