The Local newsletter is your free, daily guide to life in Colorado. For locals, by locals. Sign up today!
1. Warm up by the flames (PSA: always check for local fire regulations and restrictions!) with your outdoor buddy in Kelty’s mesh low loveseat, which includes insulated beverage holders. $110
2. Lighten up your entire campsite with this rechargeable lantern from Littleton’s Fenix Lighting. The hangable illuminator has three brightness levels and a scope of 360 degrees. $60
That's only $1 per issue!
3. Nab the Ascent down sleeping bag from Sea to Summit, whose North American headquarters are in Boulder. Its duck down is sure to keep you warm even on the most frigid night. Starting at $349
4. Cortez-based Osprey’s backpacks are wildly popular among gear aficionados, and who are we to disagree? Pack your supplies in its updated-this-year Aether Plus 60/ Ariel Plus 60—the mens and womens versions, respectively, include new foam back panels for comfort and breathability—that you can buy online and get custom-fitted at retailers like Jax Outdoor Gear Farm & Ranch. $340
5. Do après-adventure right in Boulder’s Trek Light Gear’s double hammock, which is 10 by 6.5 feet wide. (Remember to look into the rules at your campsite before attaching anything to trees.) And may we suggest adding a can of Upslope Brewing Company’s aptly named Rocky Mountain Kölsch? $70
6. If you’re planning on hiking your days away, purchase a pair of Andesite trekking poles from Mountainsmith, which are the Golden maker’s most lightweight pair to date. $100
7. Otterbox doesn’t just make nearly indestructible phone cases; the Fort Collins manufacturer also crafts good-looking, sturdy coolers like the Venture 65, which will keep your ice, well, ice for up to 16 days. $350
8. Fresh Rush Mid GTX kicks from Boulder’s SCARPA will help you tackle any kind of terrain, thanks to new shock-absorbing soles with improved traction. $179
9. This new-for-2020 update to Broomfield-based Sierra Designs’ Meteor Lite tent is extremely lightweight at just over four pounds and features a fly you can roll back for stargazing. Starting at $370