The Local newsletter is your free, daily guide to life in Colorado. For locals, by locals. Sign up today!
Businesses across the country honor our nation’s veterans every year with free or discounted services, and Colorado is no exception. Here are some of the local companies showing their support. Don’t forget to wear your uniform or bring a valid Military ID—most locations will require proof of military service to qualify.
- Grab a free scoop at Little Man Ice Cream in LoHi on Saturday. You can’t go wrong with any of Little Man’s options and flavors of the day are chosen at random (based on what’s available), but we suggest keeping an eye out for the the Banana Pudding, made with Nilla Wafer crumbs and marshmallow.
- Spend some quality time in nature at any U.S. National Park, where admission is free all weekend. Psst…here’s our two-minute guide to Colorado’s national parks.
- Adopt a new friend at the Dumb Friends League‘s Quebec Street Shelter in Denver or the Buddy Center in Castle Rock—adoption fees are waived for veterans and active military.
- Buy a Vet a Beer at Declaration Brewing: From now until November 11, brewery-goers have the option to pre-purchase a pint for a veteran. Vets can come in on and after Veterans Day for a free beer, until supplies last.
- Starting November 1, patrons can also buy a pint for a veteran at Black Shirt Brewing Company with the option to include a special message. On Veterans Day, vets can come in for a free pint, up to a $6 value.
- Get half off off the bill at any eateries in the TAG Restaurant Group, which includes TAG, TAG Burger Bar, HashTAG, Guard and Grace, Los Chingones, and Mister Tuna.
- Explore the beautiful Denver Botanic Gardens on Saturday—admission is free for any Denver resident.
- Get a free 20-minute Reiki session at Lola’s Healing Light in Colorado Springs. The Japanese practice is said to relieve stress by engaging with unseen “life force energies.” Not a Veteran? Take advantage of a special $20 session, this weekend only—but be sure to make an appointment first.
- Hang out with over 5,000 critters (including around 1,600 butterflies!) at Westminster’s Butterfly Pavilion for only $5 this Saturday only.
- Get 10 percent off your ticket to the Denver Aquarium and spend a day with creatures of the deep.