- 1 avocado (5-6 ounces, or the size of a baseball), halved, peeled, deseeded, and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh serrano chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground Chimayo pepper
- kosher salt and sea salt blend
- pepper to taste
- 3 fresh lime wedges
To prepare avocado: Cut a slit around the circumference. Twist open and whack the seed with a knife blade to remove. Make two slices across each half and two vertically, in a tic-tac-toe design. Carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon to preserve the chunky texture.
Add all ingredients on top of the avocado, then squeeze the fresh lime over the top. Toss five to eight times with a fork. Serve immediately or within two hours at room temperature.
Variation: Diced tomatoes add acidity to any guacamole recipe. Or, mix in jalapeño, cilantro, and white onion for a Oaxacan-style dip.