1. Bring a large pot of water with 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar to a boil. Gently add 12 eggs to the water. Cook 13 minutes. Remove eggs and shock in an ice bath for 5 to 10 minutes. Peel, halve, and separate yolks.
2. Make the filling: Blend yolks, 1?4 cup mayonnaise, 2 ounces goat cheese, and 1?4 cup harissa* in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt, lemon juice, and Aleppo pepper to taste. Place mixture in a piping bag.
3. To assemble, fill egg-white halves with yolk mixture. Top each with a thinly sliced ring of Fresno chile, Aleppo pepper, and a chopped blend of parsley, chervil, tarragon, and chives.
Bonus: Learn to make Brazen’s harissa sauce.
2 red bell peppers, 1 stemmed chile de árbol, 2 stemmed and seeded guajillo chiles, 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
1. Combine over medium heat.
2. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Blend until smooth and season with 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar, 1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar.
4. Salt to taste, and serve.
—Illustrations courtesy of Peter James Field